WHY DRAGON BOAT PADDLING?
The Baltimore Dragon Boat Club is diverse, multi-generational, and inclusive. Joining BDBC means you’re one of the family. For some, it’s a life-changing experience of community and the thrill of competing on a team. For others, it’s a brand-new way to experience Baltimore by paddling the Inner Harbor. For all, it’s an opportunity to get fit and have lots of fun with great folks.
Whatever your reasons, Welcome to the Club! No experience is necessary. Open practices allow new paddlers (at least 10 years old) to try out dragon boating. The training adjusts to all experience levels, and our coaches will guide you in safety, timing, and technique.
Some members paddle recreationally as their schedules allow. More serious members practice consistently to condition themselves for races. We invite you to do what works for you!
• Access to the Inner Harbor, dragon boats & equipment, and trained coaches
• Training on the water, using drills and scrimmages to enhance technique and mental preparation
• Team building, camaraderie, and friendships on and beyond the boats
• Greater endurance, strength, and overall fitness
• Potential for competitive paddling at the local, regional, and national levels
• Opportunities to learn drumming or steering
• Social gatherings after practices and throughout the year
• Reduced prices on dragon boating equipment and apparel
BDBC's paddling season begins in April and ends in October. Land-training happens nearly year-round.
Practices are held at the Under Armour Waterfront at 1010 Hull Street in Baltimore. Parking is free. Team members check in outside the UA Performance Center, located just along the water.
• Mondays at 6:00 pm (race practice)
• Wednesdays at 6:00 pm (open club practice followed by social night)
• Fridays at 5:45 AM as sunlight allows (open club practice)
• Saturdays at 7:00 AM (race practice)
• Saturdays at 8:00 AM (open club practice)